News and Announcements
- Player Physicals (5/10/2017)
Football team sports physicals on Thursday May 11, 2017 @ 3:30pm in portable 60…$20 CASH ONLY. (more…)
- Summer Practice Schedule (4/25/2017)
Practices will be held Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
May 2nd-4th ~ NO PRACTICE (Get physicals & rest legs)
May 9th-11th; May 16th-18th; May 23rd-25th; May 30th-31st:
Tuesday/Thursday ~ 3:30pm – 5:00pm & Wednesday ~ 3:00pm – 4:15pm (more…)
- Monthly Booster meeting (6/20/2017)Reminder:
Monthly Booster meeting tomorrow Wednesday June 21st in portable room 60
- Upcoming 7v7 practice (6/20/2017)
- NOTE FROM COACH – TODAY’S PRACTICE (6/20/2017)Per Coach Dewitt, today’s practice will consist of weights and watching film only. The players will not be practicing outside today due to extreme heat.
Also, parents please do not park in back behind the gymnasium as there is a lot of construction.
- ***IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING RUSDLEARN EMAIL ADDRESSES*** (6/15/2017)If you submitted an email address using your RUSDlearns.net account, we will need a different email address. These email addresses are blocked from receiving information from us. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you give us an alternative email address or even a phone number for texts so we can keep you updated on important upcoming events. Otherwise, please check our website’s calendar frequently. Thank you for your cooperation.
- ***GREEN & ORANGE BOOSTER MEETING*** (6/12/2017)EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
Please come out and get information on the upcoming events and find out how you can help. Booster meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of each month unless otherwise posted.
When: Wednesday, June 21 @ 6:30pm
Where: Poly High School, portable room 60GO BEARS!
- ***MANDATORY PARENT/PLAYER MEETING*** (5/31/2017)Please join us for a MANDATORY Poly Football Player/Parent Information Meeting for ALL returning and new (including incoming Freshman) DATE & TIME: THURSDAY, JUNE 8th at 6:30 PM LOCATION: Poly High School Football Field 5450 Victoria Ave, Riverside (players and parents please sit in the stands) Come meet Head Coach Derek Dewitt and some of his coaching staff (Varsity, JV and Freshman), get information on this upcoming season and meet the 2017/2018 Green & Orange Board. You will have an opportunity to purchase Poly Football merchandise, season tickets and find out how you too can get involved with the Boosters to help support the Poly Football program. Incoming players/parents…if you know any other 8th graders interested in Poly Football please pass this information on to them as well. We look forward to seeing you all there! GO BEARS!
- ***Summer Football camps and showcases*** (5/30/2017)Poly Bears and family Coach DeWitt and Coach Hardin have requested that all players let them know which camps and showcases they plan to attend this summer. As a Head Coach and former college recruiter, and college player/graduates, they understands the process and can advise the players on what to do or possibly who to talk to. Additionally, Coach D wants to understand how the team’s practices will be impacted as he works on the schedule. If you have any questions, please contact one of the board members. Thank you Go Bears!
- 7vs7 and lineman 1 on 1 (5/23/2017)All Poly parents and football players There will be a 7on7 and linemen challenge this Thursday May 25 at Ramona HS @4:00. Players are responsible for their own ride. Thank you and see you there.
- Scrimmage – Monday, May 22 (5/18/2017)
Hello Poly Bears and Football Parents: On Monday, May 22 Poly Football (JV & Varsity) will be participating in a scrimmage (7v7 and Lineman 1-on-1) versus Notre Dame. The scrimmage will be at 4:30pm at Poly’s football field.
ALL PLAYERS ARE TO PURCHASE AND WEAR A MOUTHGUARD FOR THIS SCRIMMAGE!
- **BOOSTER MEETING** (5/11/2017)
Please join us to see how we are preparing g for upcoming season. Everyone welcome. There is still the Freshman Coordinator board position still open.
WHEN: Wednesday May 17th @ 6:30pm
WHERE: Poly High School, Portable room 60
- ***UPCOMING GOLF FUNDRAISER COMMITTEE MEETINGS (5/1/2017)
LAST WEEK OF PREPARATIONS
May 8th is approaching fast and we are in our last week of preparing for the 2017 Poly Football Golf Classic Fundraiser.
These are the upcoming days and times that we will be meeting. (more…)
- ***Incoming Poly Football Freshman*** (4/26/2017)
Conditioning and weight training for incoming freshmen has started.
Join us Mondays and Wednesdays from 5 to 7 pm.
Meet at the poly weight room. (more…)
- **GOLF COMMITTEE FUNDRAISER MEETING** (4/25/2017)
When: Thursday, April 27th at 6:30pm
Where: Romano’s Canyon Crest on patio (more…)
- 2017/2018 CIF Dead Period (4/19/2017)
CIF Dead Period
July 17, 2017 – August 5, 2017
*No practice will be held during this time
- Golf committee meeting (4/18/2017)Golf committee will be meeting this Thursday April 20 at 6:30pm in portable room 60 at Poly High School. We need volunteers to help with this event. Come out and see what you can do to help.
- Booster Meeting this week (4/18/2017)
Sorry for the confusion. Green & Orange is meeting this Wednesday April 19th at 6:30pm in portable room 60 at Poly High School. Everyone is welcome to see what we are doing for this next season. Hope to see you there!
- Booster Meeting Tonight! (4/12/2017)
Come and see what we are planning for the next season.(more…)
- NO Golf fundraiser committee meeting this week (4/4/2017)
The golf fundraiser committee will NOT be meeting this week due to spring break. Hope to see you next Thursday, April 13 at 6:30pm in portable room 60 for our next scheduled meeting.
- 10th Annual Poly Football Golf Classic (4/2/2017)
Sponsorship & Golfer Registrations Now on Sale!
May 8, 2017
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Canyon Crest Country Club, 975 Country Club Dr., Riverside, CA 92506(more…)
- Green and Orange Board of Directors **UPDATE** (3/29/2017)
This is an update of the current Green and Orange Board of Directors:
Darin Reid- President
Lucy Nunez- Vice President/ Merchandise
Kione Gonzales- Secretary
Todd Iles- Treasurer (more…)
- Annual Poly Football Golf Classic (3/28/2017)
It’s that time of year again…preparations for our Annual Golf Classic have begun. We will be meeting this Thursday at Poly High School, Portable Room 60. Meeting starts at 6:30pm. If you’d like to get involved your help is greatly appreciated.
- ***SPRING PRACTICES*** (3/28/2017)
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?
Coach has released the Spring Practice Schedule below:
April 10-13th, April 17-20th, & April 24-27th
M,TU, & TH
Time: 3:30pm-5:00pm (more…)
- ***GOLF TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE MEETING TONIGHT*** (3/23/2017)
Come out tonight to help plan The Green and Orange golf tournament fundraiser.
- When: Thursdays
- Time: 6:30pm
- Where: Poly High School Room 60
- ***BOOSTER MEETING TOMORROW MARCH 15*** (3/14/2017)
Come and join us at the next Green & Orange Booster Meeting on March 15th!
All are welcome…we hope to see you there
Time: 6:30 pm
Where: Poly High School – Portable Room 60
- ***NEXT BOOSTER MEETING ~ March 15 @ 6:30pm*** (3/3/2017)
Come and join us at the next Green & Orange Booster Meeting on March 15th!
All are welcome…we hope to see you there
Time: 6:30 pm
Where: Poly High School – Portable Room 60
- ***NEXT BOOSTER MEETING*** (2/21/2017)
Come one, come all!
Our next Booster meeting will be held tomorrow (FEB.22) at 6:30pm in Portable Room 60. Please feel free to come and get involved as we start planning this years events/fundraisers.
We look forward to seeing you.
- Announcing your Green & Orange 2017 Board of Directors (2/1/2017)
Green & Orange Board Elections were held last night. Thank you to everyone who came out to support the Green & Orange and see how you can get involved.
Here is your new 2017 G & O Board of Directors: (more…)
- 2016 Varsity and JV Football Awards Celebration tickets are ON SALE NOW!!! (12/13/2016)
Football Trophy – Award
This week ~ all varsity & junior varsity players will receive one free ticket, and may purchase two additional tickets for $15 each. The deadline to purchase the extra (parent/family) tickets is Friday, December 16th.
The Green and Orange are selling tickets after school TOMORROW (Wednesday) from 2:00pm to 3:00pm outside the locker room back behind the gymnasium. (more…)
- Coach Hardin’s Annual FREE Pre-Thanksgiving Feast (10/18/2016)
Coach Hardin is doing his annual Pre-Thanksgiving Feast on November 19th. He is asking for help from our football players:
Freshman ~ Setup 8am – 10am (10 freshman players needed)
Varsity ~ Servers – 2:30pm – 4:30pm (10 Varsity players needed) *can stay and eat after 4:30pm
Varsity ~ Servers – 4:30pm – 6:00pm (10 Varsity players needed) *can eat from 3:30pm – 4:30pm
Sign up is REQUIRED!
- Poly Alum Mark Green on ESPN TONIGHT! (10/12/2016)
Poly’s own Mark Green can be seen TONIGHT on ESPN on a 30/30 movie titled: Catholics vs. Convicts.
The movie is a depiction of the college football rivalry between University of Notre Dame and the University of Miami.
Mark appears in the movie about 10 -12 times. In fact, he delivered the opening comments about the game. (more…)
- Game Reminders for Week of 10/10/16 (10/10/2016)
DETAILS FOR THIS WEEK:
This is Week #6 of our schedule and the second League game for all teams.
ALL PLAYERS GAME DAY ATTIRE: Players wear nice shirt, pants, neck tie.
FRESHMAN GAME: Thurs, 10/13, 4pm @Valley View HS (13135 Nason Street, Moreno Valley, CA 92555). (more…)
- NEXT BOOSTER MEETING ~ OCT. 12 @ 7PM (10/10/2016)
The next Green & Orange Booster meeting will be held Wednesday, October 12 at 7pm in Portable Room 60.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- JV/Varsity – Practice Tomorrow (10/4/2016)
Due to the game schedule this week. JV and Varsity will have practice tomorrow morning (WEDNESDAY) at 6am instead of Thursday at 6am.
- Game Reminders for Week of 10/6/16 (10/3/2016)
REMEMBER, this week’s games are played on Wednesday (freshman/JV) and Thursday (Varsity). See below for game details.
*FRESHMAN – Wed, 10/5 VS Arlington HS @ 4pm – Poly HS
*JV – Wed, 10/5 VS Arlington HS @ 4pm – Arlington HS
*VARSITY– Thursday, 10/6 vs. Arlington HS @ 7pm – King HS (more…)
- Blaze Pizza Fundraiser – October 4th (9/14/2016)
- Dine Out Fundraiser with Romano’s Restaurants ~ Sept. 20th (9/14/2016)
- Drive One Fundraiser – October 1st (9/13/2016)
- Football Practice ~ Labor Day (9/4/2016)
There will be football practice tomorrow at the usual time.
3pm ~ see trainers or film, Coach prep
4pm – 6pm ~ Football practice
See you there!
- Thursday & Saturday Practices (8/30/2016)
JV/Varsity will have practice on Thursday morning 6:15am – 7:15am.
Saturday film session will be 8:00am – 10:00am…this is for ONLY for all players who dress out for the Varsity game on Friday night.
- Back-to-School Practice Schedule (8/28/2016)
Back-to-School tomorrow for our Poly Bears! Here’s the new practice times from Coach Dewitt.
Prep with Coaches,Prep with Trainers or Film ~ 3:00pm – 4:00pm Practice ~ 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Have a great first day of school Poly Bears.
- A Message from Riverside Poly Administration & Athletic Department (8/25/2016)
Welcome to the 2016-2017 Riverside Poly Football season.
The Riverside Poly Administration and Athletic Department wish Coach Dewitt, his staff and the players the best of luck during the 2016-2017 season. We are looking to build on the championships of the past while looking forward to future successes. We are all behind you!
I would like to thank our parents, alumni, and all of the community supporters who by their time and assistance have allowed us to continue an excellent athletic program. One that we all can be proud of.
We are especially proud of the tradition of excellence and congratulate the entire Riverside Poly Athletic Community for their achievements both on the fields, courts, pools, and in the classrooms. We continue to be a shining example for the City of Riverside and beyond. We wish you the best of luck.
- REMINDER: Bear Roundup ~ Saturday, August 27th (8/25/2016)
CLICK HERE for more information about the Bear Roundup and the fundraising opportunity that will be there. We can’t wait to see everyone.
- REMINDER: Practice, Picture Day & BBQ ~ Saturday, August 20th (8/19/2016)
Hello Poly Football Parents and Players,
Here’s a reminder about tomorrow’s agenda:
8:00am – 11:00am ~ Football Practice (All levels)
12:00pm – 2:00pm (approx.) ~ Football Picture Day
2:00pm – 4:00pm ~ BBQ and Swim @ Poly’s Pool for Players
We hope to see you there. Attached you will find the order form for picture day for your convenience…be sure to bring an envelope if you misplaced or didn’t receive one.
- Game Schedules (8/18/2016)
Up-to-date game schedules for all levels can always be found on the Poly Athletics website: (more…)
- FOOTBALL PICTURES (8/16/2016)
We will be taking pictures after practice on Saturday, August 20th. Practice will be 8am – 11am as it states on the schedule. Pictures will start at 12pm. After pictures, the Booster Club will be providing a BBQ lunch for all the players.
- BEAR ROUNDUP (8/16/2016)
This year’s Bear Roundup will be held on the morning of Saturday, August 27th SAVE THE DATE (10am – 12pm).
Bear Roundup is a long standing Poly Tradition; and serves as an introduction of your student athletes (Fresh/JV/Var) and our coaching staff. It also serves as an excellent opportunity for you to cheer on your athlete, meet other parents, join the Booster Club, and get involved. (more…)
- Upcoming Scrimmages (8/16/2016)
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?
Poly Football will be taking part in a Scrimmage on Friday, August 26th at AB Miller High School in Fontana. Players will be bused to the scrimmage. (more…)
- NEXT BOOSTER MEETING ~ September 7th at 7pm (8/9/2016)
Hope to see you all at our next Booster Meeting, Wednesday (tomorrow), September 7th at 7pm in Portable Room 60.
All parents are welcomed.
See you there. GO BEARS!
- AUGUST PRACTICE SCHEDULE (8/9/2016)
August 1 – August 6: CIF DEAD PERIOD – Weights TBD (T, W, Th)
August 8: Equipment Issue – Varsity/JV – 4:00pm; Frosh 8:00pm
August 9 – August 11: Conditioning/Weights – 5:00pm – 8:00pm
August 12: Practice Full Gear 5:00pm – 8:00pm (more…)
- SPIRIT PACKS (8/9/2016)
We should be distributing spirit packs today AFTER practice to players and/or parents who placed their orders before the break. We were unable to get them out yesterday as we were waiting to receive a couple of items that should be in today. Thank you for your patience…we will see you after practice.
- FOOTBALL EQUIPMENT ISSUED TODAY ~ No Practice (8/6/2016)
The dead period is over and it’s time to get back to work Poly Football players.
Monday, August 8th Football Equipment will be issued according to the schedule it will be as follows: (more…)
- Dead Period: UPDATED Weight Room Availability (7/10/2016)
The weight room will be available to players during the remainder of the break Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday ~ 5:00pm – 7:00pm for ALL players.
- Practice Schedule (6/30/2016)
As we come to the end on June, here’s the upcoming practice schedule for the month of July. (more…)
- Stay off Grass (6/29/2016)
The grass at Poly by the football field is being fertilized and there are signs posted asking that we don’t walk on the grass. Please walk around the side of the softball field on the sidewalk..the gate will be open for your convenience. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
- Spirit Pack Orders Due (6/28/2016)
Tomorrow will be the last day to turn in your spirit pack order for the first order that will be submitted. There will be another order deadline in August when regular practices begin. Please turn your order into a Green & Orange Board member or Coach Dewitt at practice.
Click here for a blank order form.
- 7-on-7 Scrimmage vs. Grand Terrace HS (6/27/2016)
Poly will be hosting Grand Terrace HS for a 7-on-7 scrimmage TOMORROW, June 28th. The scrimmage will begin at 6pm. All players need to be at Poly by 5:15pm.
See you there. GO BEARS!
- ***Practice Update for June 27th*** (6/27/2016)
***PRACTICE UPDATE***Players should come prepared for field practice…it will be determined at the time of practice if they will proceed with field work or will just do classroom work and weights. Practice will start at 4:00pm. Be prepared for both scenarios. Please be hydrated and bring water as well. GO BEARS!
Also stay tuned for details on tomorrows 7-on-7 vs. Grand Terrace HS @ Poly.
- ***Mark Your Calendar*** (6/22/2016)
On June 28 (Tuesday) we will host a 7-on-7 at Poly High School against Grand Terrace High School for ALL levels to start at 4:30pm (arrive by 3:30pm). Please stay tuned for any updates.
- ***REGULAR PRACTICE TODAY*** (6/22/2016)
Back to regular practice today for all levels. Bring your cleats and plenty of water. Practice starts at 4pm at Poly High School field.
- ***UPDATE*** Booster Club Meeting ~ July 6th AT 7pm (6/20/2016)
The Booster Club meeting will be in the stands on the football field as there is no one to open Portable Room 60 today.
See you there!
- Practice Update (6/20/2016)
Today’s practice will be 4:00pm – 6:00pm ~ Classroom ONLY! No field work today due to the heat. No cleats are needed today!Please be sure to bring plenty of water and be hydrated before you get to practice as well.
- 7-on-7 (6/20/2016)
NEW INFORMATION!!! This 7-on-7 tomorrow (JUNE 21) is for Sophomore, Juniors and Seniors ONLY. You should arrive at Grand Terrace High School (Address: 21810 Main Street, Grand Terrace, CA 92313). Scrimmage will start at 6pm. PLEASE ARRIVE BY 5:15PM. Bring plenty of water/Gatorade to stay hydrated. (more…)
- Spirit Pack Order Form (6/15/2016)
Summer practices started on Monday! Welcome to all the new Poly Bears!
That means we are getting prepped for the 2016-2017 football season and part of that prep work includes getting Spirit Packs! (more…)
- Next Booster Club Meeting (5/30/2016)
Join us for the next Booster Club Meeting on Wednesday, June 1 at 7pm at Poly High School in Portable Room 60. See you there!
- Updated Practice Schedule (5/30/2016)
This weeks schedule for Football practices is as follows:
- May 31 (Tues.) – Regular Practice 3:40pm – 5:30pm
- June 1 (Wed.) – Weights/Conditioning 3:40pm – 5:00pm
- June 2 (Thurs.) – Weights/Conditioning 3:40pm – 5:00pm
- June 3 (Fri.) – Weights/Conditioning 3:40pm – 5:00pm
Please see Coach De-Witt if you have any questions.
- Incoming Freshman Football Parent Meeting/First Practice (5/21/2016)
Please join us on June 6th at 6pm in the Little Theater at Poly High School for the incoming Freshman Football Parent Meeting. You will get information about the football program, meet some of the coaches, be able to purchase game tickets and Poly Football merchandise.
First day of practice for Freshman Football will be June 13th. Your child will need a current physical to participate.
- Tutoring Available (5/13/2016)
Coach mentioned at the parent meeting that tutoring was available so we wanted to make sure everyone had the information.
Room 211 – Monday, Wednesday and Thursday during lunch. Thursday and Friday after school.
If you need additional information please email us at email@example.com
- 2016/2017 Season Tickets Now Available (5/8/2016)
Tickets for the upcoming Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshman football season are now available to purchase. Remember, when you purchase them before the season starts all money goes to the football program.
You can purchase your tickets..just CLICK HERE.
- ***Important Dates Reminder*** (4/26/2016)
May 3rd at 6pm in the Poly High School Library – Football Parents Meeting with Coach DeWitt
May 4th at 4pm in Portable Room 60 – Sports Physicals are being offered for all players, cost is $20 (more…)
- Game Schedule (4/24/2016)
2016/2017 VARSITY FOOTBALL GAMES
- 9/2/2016 7:00pm Chaparral High School
- 9/9/2016 7:00pm @Etiwanda High School
- 9/16/2016 7:00pm King High School
- 9/23/2016 7:00pm Norco High School
- 9/30/2016 7:00pm @ Temecula Valley High School
- 10/6/2016 7:00pm Arlington High School* (THURSDAY)
- 10/14/2016 7:00pm @ Valley View High School*
- 10/21/2016 7:00pm @ Rancho Verde High School*
- 10/29/2016 7:00pm Canyon Springs – Homecoming*
- 11/4/2016 7:00pm @ North High School*
Bold = Home games played at King High School
Please note this is subject to change. (more…)
- Helmet Color Code (4/21/2016)
If you will be supplying your own helmet next season you will need to contact the following person at Rid dell for the color code as all helmets next season will be a metallic orange.
For color code, please contact: Michael Payne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Acct# 46762
- Relay for Life In Honor of Cody Smith (4/21/2016)The Poly HS family was touched by Cody Smith’s battle with cancer so in 2014 we decided to make a difference by walking with him and raising money in The American Cancer Society Relay for Life event. Since Cody’s passing later that year our team is again taking action to help finish the fight.
Please join Never Submit, Never Quit or make a donation because saving lives from cancer starts with one team, one participant, and one dollar at a time. Please walk with us in Cody’s memory and in support of his family and all the others who fight this fight! (more…)
- Booster Club Meeting, Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 7:00pm (4/11/2016)
The Football Booster Club is having its regular monthly meeting Wednesday, April 20th at 7:00 PM. The meeting will be held in portable room 60 at Poly. Come meet the new Head Coach Derek De-Witt. All parents and friends of Poly Football are welcome to attend.
- 9th Annual Poly Football Golf Tournament (4/11/2016)
Sponsorship & Golfer Registrations Now on Sale!
- May 23, 2016
- 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Victoria Club, 2521 Arroyo Drive, Riverside, CA 92506
- INDIVIDUAL PLAYER – $150
- FOURSOME – $500
- Booster Club Meeting Monday, March 29, 2016 at 7:00pm (3/8/2016)
The Football Booster Club is having its regular monthly meeting Monday, March 29, at 7:00 PM. The meeting will be held in portable room 60 at Poly. All parents and friend of Poly Football are welcome to attend.
- Green & Orange Annual Meeting and Election of the Board (1/17/2016)
Green & Orange, Inc. (the official Booster Club of Poly Football) is having its Annual Meeting and election of the Board on January 26, 2016 at 7:00 PM in portable room 60 at Poly High School. (more…)
- Booster Club meeting Monday, January 4, 2016 at 6:30 PM (12/12/2015)
The Football Booster Club is having its regular monthly meeting next Monday, January 4, at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held in portable room 60 at Poly.
All parents and friend of Poly Football are welcome to attend. At this meeting we will be making final preparations for the Football Awards Banquet (January 8), and planning our Annual Meeting and elections (January 26). (more…)
- Veterans Day 2015 (11/11/2015)
Parents and Football Players:
As you enjoy your day off from work or from school today, please take a moment to reflect on the meaning of today’s holiday.
Every year on Nov. 11, we celebrate all of the men and women who have served in our armed forces — and remember all of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. Many of these men and women were Poly alumni. (more…)
- Poly High Mourns the Loss of Dr. Jerome Wall (11/10/2015)
The Poly community mourns the passing of Dr. Jerome Wall yesterday. Dr. Wall was a long time supporter of Poly, and both of his children, Kim and Craig, are Poly alumni. He founded the Community Orthopedic Medical Group, and the SPORT Clinic along with Jim Clover, and helped thousands of Riverside high school athletes play the sports they love. (more…)
- 2015 CIF Playoffs Round 1: Poly vs San Jacinto, Friday, Nov. 13 (11/8/2015)
CIF Playoff Games Round 1: Poly vs San Jacinto
Friday, Nov. 13, 2015, 7:00 PM
- Varsity Bears Beat North 13-7 (11/8/2015)
Poly Beats North 13-7!
The Varsity Bears wound up their regular season with a score of 13 to 7 over North High School!
We look forward to our first CIF playoff game next week against San Jacinto High!
- Fallen Bear: Austin Elmore Class of 2006 Sympathy Notice (11/8/2015)
Green & Orange is sad to report that a Poly alumnus has passed away. Austin Elmore, class of 2006, passed away last Friday in Newport Beach. (more…)
- Nava #18 shirts on sale today (11/5/2015)
The Football Boosters will be selling more Nava shirts today at 3:00 at the football field at Poly before the Freshman game. The price is $10 and all proceeds are donated to Josh’s family. (more…)
- Scores from Week 9 and schedule for Week 10 (11/1/2015)
Poly Varsity vs Canyon Springs 10/30/2015
Poly: 56 Canyon Springs: 6 Win!
Poly JV vs Canyon Springs 10/29/2015
Poly: 41 Canyon Springs: 46 Loss
Poly Freshmen vs Canyon Springs 10/29/2015
Poly: 52 Canyon Springs: 14 Win! (more…)
- Please attend the next RUSD Board meeting on Monday at 5:30 (10/31/2015)
The Riverside Unified School District is having its next Board meeting on Monday, November 2, 2015 at 5:30. The meeting will take place at 6735 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, CA 92506 (the Riverside Adult School).
We need as many parents as possible to attend. Please wear your “#18 Nava” shirts or any green & orange shirt to show you are a Poly parent.
If you feel that the District needs to provide an ambulance at EVERY football game, make your voice heard. Arrive no less than 15 minutes early to fill out the request to speak. (more…)
- Frosh game at Canyon Springs set for 3:15 (10/26/2015)
The Frosh game played at Canyon Springs will be played at 3:15 pm for light conditions.
- Jim Vaughan
- Assistant Principal Athletics
- Riverside Poly High School
- 951-788-7203, x. 64236
- Game and Practice Schedule Week 9, and Update on Josh Nava (10/25/2015)
Here is the game schedule for for the week of Oct. 26 – Oct. 31, 2015:
- Frosh vs Canyon Springs, 4:00 Thursday @ Canyon Springs (Away game)
- JV vs Canyon Springs, 4:00 Thursday @ Poly (Home game)
- Varsity vs Canyon Springs, Friday 7:00 @ Vista Del Lago HS(Away game)
The address for Canyon Springs High School:
The address for Vista Del Lago High School:
- Update on injured player Josh Nava (10/24/2015)
Poly Football Parents,As you know one of our student athletes Josh Nava #18 was critically injured at last nights game. He underwent an emergency surgery (to reduce swelling and pressure on his brain.). He is currently recovering in ICU at Riverside Community Hospital where he will remain under observation for at least the next three days.(more…)
- Game and Practice Schedule Week 8, Football Picture Orders (10/18/2015)
Poly Football Families:
Here is the game schedule for all teams for the week of Oct. 19 – Oct. 24, 2015:
- Frosh vs Rancho Verde, 4:00 Thursday @ Poly (Home game)
- JV vs Rancho Verde, 4:00 Thursday @ Rancho Verde HS (Away game) (buses leave 1:30 – 2:00)
- Varsity vs Rancho Verde, Friday 7:00 @ R.C.C. (Home game)
The address for Rancho Verde High School: (more…)
- Poly Beats Valley View 38 – 28! (10/18/2015)
Last night our Varsity Poly Bears beat Valley View 38 to 28! This home game was our second Conference game, and our Homecoming game as well!
Our underclassmen were also successful on last Thursday:
JV beat Valley View 28 – 0 in an away game at Valley View (more…)
- Game and Practice Schedule 10/12/15 – 10/17/15 (10/11/2015)
Here is the game schedule for all teams this week:
- Frosh vs Valley View, 4:00 Thursday @ Poly (Home game)
- JV vs Valley View, 4:00 Thursday @ Valley View HS (Away game)
- Varsity vs Valley View, Saturday 7:00 @ King HS (Home game)
All football players remember your game-day attire: Please wear a shirt, tie and dress pants to school on the day of your game! (more…)
- Football Booster Club Meeting Tuesday, Oct. 6 (10/3/2015)
The Football Booster Club is having its regular monthly meeting next Tuesday, October 6. We will be meeting at 6:30 PM in Portable room 60 at Poly. The meeting is open to the public.
The Booster meetings give parents a chance to speak with Head Coach OP Vaipulu. In addition you can help us plan for upcoming activities like Homecoming and our snack bar at every home game. The Poly Football program is funded largely by the Booster Club, and our activities are run entirely by parent volunteers. Please consider getting involved. (more…)
- Game & practice schedule Week 5 (9/28/15 – 10/03/15) (9/27/2015)
Here is the game schedule for Week 5:
Frosh vs Colony, 3:15 Thursday @ Colony HS (Away game)
JV vs Colony, 4:00 Thursday @ Poly (Home game)
Varsity vs Colony, Friday 7:00 @ Colony HS (Away game) (more…)
- Scores for Week 4 (9/27/2015)
Friday, Sep 25.
Poly Varsity 40 / Rubidoux 42 – Loss
Thursday, Sep. 24
Poly JV 20 / Rubidoux 6 – Win! (more…)
- Game and Practice Schedule for Week 4 – 9/21 to 9/26 (9/20/2015)
Here is the game schedule for all teams this week:
Frosh vs Rubidoux, 4:00 Thursday @ Poly (Home game)
JV vs Rubidoux, 4:00 Thursday @ Rubidoux HS (Away game)
Varsity vs Rubidoux, Friday 7:00 @ King HS (Home game) (more…)
- Scores for Week 3 (9/19/2015)
Friday, Sep 18.
Poly Varsity 38 King 45 – Loss
Thursday, Sep. 17
Poly JV 13 King 43 – Loss (more…)
- Poly vs King Tonight! Watch it online. (9/18/2015)
The city of Riverside will have tonight’s game against King High School on http://www.watchriverside.com/ beginning at 11:00 tonight.
- Poly Loses to Etiwanda 31-16 (9/12/2015)
The Varsity Bears suffered their first (and last) game of the season last Friday against Etiwanda High School. The final score was 35-16.
Frosh and JV Scores:
JV lost to Etiwanda 43-0 on Thursday
Frosh beat Etiwanda 34-20 on Thursday
- JV Game Time and Location Change (9/9/2015)
The JV game against Etiwanda High tomorrow has been moved and will start earlier.
The game will begin at 3:15 PM at:
Ralph M. Lewis Sports Complex (more…)
- Poly beats Chaparral 35-30 in Game 1 of the season! (9/5/2015)
Congratulations Bears on winning your first game of the 2015-16 season! This is the first victory of many on our way to the CIF Championships. Pictures will be posted soon.
Also thank you to all the parents who donated toilet paper to the homeless veterans. (more…)
- The 2015-16 Poly Football Season Begins This Week! (9/1/2015)
Game 1 of the 2015-16 season is this week!
Thursday, 9/3/15 @ Chaparral HS (27215 Nicolas Rd, Temecula, CA 92591)
Buses leave Poly at 1:45, game starts at 4 pm. (more…)
- Football Booster Club meeting tomorrow night 09/02/2015 at 7:00 (9/1/2015)
Green & Orange, Inc., the official Booster Club of Poly Bears Football, is having its regular monthly meeting next Wednesday night at 7:00 in portable room 60 at Poly High School. All football family members are welcome to attend.
Our meetings offer you a chance to meet head coach OP Vaipulu and to hear his plans for Poly football in 2015. (more…)
- Poly Football Fundraiser @ Blaze Pizza Tuesday, Sep. 8 (8/26/2015)
Blaze Pizza Fundraiser
Tuesday, September 8, 6:00 to 10:00 PM
Blaze Pizza at Riverside Plaza has offered to hold a fundraiser for Poly Football on Tuesday, September 8, 2015 between 6:00 and 10:00 PM. (more…)
- Taking missed pictures Wednesday at 3:30 (8/18/2015)
Ashley will be taking make-up pictures on Wednesday at 3:30. Anyone who didn’t have their picture taken on picture day needs to wear their game uniform and be on the field at 3:30.
If you are unsure if your picture was taken please look on the Poly Bears Football Photos on Facebook. If your photo isn’t there, we need to see you Wednesday to take your picture. (more…)
- 2015 Annual Bear Roundup and Gatorade Drive Saturday August 22 @ 10:00 AM (8/14/2015)
Please join us at Bear Roundup Saturday, Aug. 22 at Poly. Please note the change in time to 10:00 am.
The annual Bear Roundup marks the end of “Fall Camp” and the beginning of the 2015 football season. We will be celebrating by introducing each team’s players and coaches, and each team will run demonstration plays. This will be your first opportunity to see the teams hard work in action, so you don’t want to miss it. We will also be announcing this years Piggybackr awards (and prizes). In addition our Poly Cheer and Song Teams will perform for you. Admission is FREE.
2015 Season Passes, football merchandise and Booster Memberships will also be available at this event. All ticket revenue we collect goes directly to the football program, while money from tickets sold at the games is divided among all the Poly sports programs. (more…)
- Football Picture Day Saturday @ 1:30, no practice for FROSH ONLY (8/13/2015)
Picture Day for ALL football players is Saturday, August 15. Coaches will begin assigning jerseys at 1:30 sharp, so please arrive by 1:15. All players need to wear WHITE socks for their pictures. If any players miss Picture Day we are NOT able to have the photography company come out again.
Today at practice the coaches handed out order forms for the photo packages you can purchase. We have over 200 football players to process on Saturday so PLEASE have it filled out and include payment in advance. (more…)
- Fall Camp Practice Schedule and Important Dates in August (8/2/2015)
- Piggybackr Fundraiser (7/14/2015)
Our 2nd annual Piggybackr fundraiser ends this Saturday, July 18. This fundraiser is critical in our effort to expand the weight room, so let’s make one final push! Please reach out to any potential donors who haven’t responded yet.
So far we’ve raised $14,905 towards our goal! Last year we raised a little over $21,000 before fees, so let’s get busy! (more…)
- Piggybackr Fundraiser Week 4 Update (7/8/2015)
We are four weeks into our Piggybackr e-mail campaign and we have raised $12,865! Congratulations to all the players who have contributed! This is a wonderful achievement, but we still have a long way to go to reach our goal of before the July 18 deadline. Last year we raised just over $21,000 before fees, so lets get busy! We only have 10 days left! (more…)
- Piggybackr Week 3 Update! (7/2/2015)
We are 3 weeks into our Piggybackr e-mail fundraiser, with 2 more weeks to go! Here are some quick stats:
- 30 Freshmen have signed up and earned $4,420
- 82 Varsity and JV players have signed up and earned $7,255
- Grand total: $11,675 !!!
- Top earning Freshman: Moses Gonzales III with $830
- Top earning Varsity : JV: David Huff with $1,400
- Total e-mails sent: 2,587
- Piggybackr Fundraiser Week 2 Update (6/25/2015)
We are two weeks into our Summer Piggybackr fundraiser and our players are doing an amazing job! Here are some quick stats:
- 106 players have sent 2,158 emails and received 126 donations.
- 27 Freshmen have raised $2,835
- 79 Varsity and JV have raised $6,280
- Grand total: $9,115 !!!
We only have 22 more days to go so we really need to step up our efforts!. There are a lot of Poly supporters in the Riverside community that we haven’t reached yet. If you haven’t signed up yet here is the link to create your personal web page:
- Piggybackr Fundraiser Week 1 Update (6/18/2015)
We are one week into our Piggybackr e-mail campaign and we have raised $5,425! Congratulations to all the players who have contributed! This is a wonderful achievement, but we still have a long way to go to reach our goal of $30,000 before the July 18 deadline. (more…)
- Updated practice schedules, and 2015-16 game calendar (6/16/2015)
- The 2015 E-Mail Fundraiser Has Begun! (6/11/2015)
The 2015 football e-mail fundraiser is running from now until July 17!
Green & Orange has teamed up with Piggybackr for our 2nd annual e-mail fundraiser campaign. Many of you will remember Piggybackr from last year. It was one of our most successful fundraisers EVER and our athletes raised $21,000! It’s as simple and sending out emails and posting on social media. (more…)
- Parent Night for Varsity and JV is Friday at 6:00 PM (6/10/2015)
JV and Varsity players and parents are welcome to come and meet Head Coach OP Vaipulu and the 2015 Coaching staff. All players, both returning and transfers, are urged to attend. (more…)
- Parent Night for Incoming Freshmen for 2015 is Wednesday at 6:30 (6/8/2015)
POLY FOOTBALL WELCOMES INCOMING FRESHMEN PLAYERS AND PARENTS
June 10, 6:30 PM in the Poly Little Theater
Class of 2019 football players please come out and meet Head Coach OP Vaipulu and the Freshman Coaches for the 2015 season!
Parent Night provides incoming players and parents with vital information including:
An introduction to high school football (more…)
- Hale, Ross and Draschlin Added To Records Sign In Weight Room (6/6/2015)
Champion Electric’s Glenn Rowden teamed up with Mark Blount of Pro Trim to update Poly’s Football records displayed in the weight room.
Senior ,Ykili Ross, set 3 records for the season and his HS career at Poly HS. When asked what he thought of his experience playing football for Poly HS, he said it was great and was impressed with the history of the team and the support and involvement of the alumni. Since Coach Brown started in the middle of his HS career, there has been an attitude change and the team felt more like a family and the community part of the team. What kind of legacy does he plan on leaving behind while he goes to play for USC? He hopes to be remembered for his hands on approach and his strong connections with the players, coaches, the alumni and the community. (more…)
- Spirit Pack order form (6/3/2015)
The Spirit Pack order forms have been distributed to the football players. The deadline to turn in orders is Friday.
If you did not get a form you can download it HERE.
- End of Spring & Summer Football Events (5/24/2015)
The 2014-15 school year is almost at an end, but the football program still has a lot going on.
- Opalani Vaipulu named as new Head Coach of Poly Football (4/23/2015)
Principal Roe today announced that Opalani Vaipulu will be the new Head Football Coach at Poly. Green & Orange is excited and honored to have been part of the selection process, and we congratulate OP on his milestone achievement.
Here is Dr. Roe’s announcement:
Green and Orange,
Poly interviewed six qualified candidates for the job of Football Coach. Three panels were created to ensure that this decision was vetted properly with multiple stakeholder groups present (Boosters, Alumni, Teachers, Coaches, Parents [2 Moms included J], Exiting Senior Players, Local Business Owners and Administrators). (more…)
- Poly Football 2015 Calendar – Incoming Freshmen (2/12/2015)
Poly H.S. Freshman Football – Calendar – 2015
Parent Meeting June 10th 6:30pm
Summer Workouts: (20 Days) (M/T/W/TH 4:30pm-8:00pm) (F 10:00-12:00) (Weight Room/Field) (more…)
- Poly Football 2015 Calendars – Varsity and JV (2/12/2015)
Physicals: April 16
6:30-7:30 AM M/W March 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25
5:00-6:00 PM (Ind. Position Tech/Drills) April 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
Off. Mondays/Def. Tuesdays
6:00-7:30 PM (Team Practice) April 8, 15, 22 & 29
Spring Practice: (15 Days) (4:15 – 4:45 Meetings, 5:00-6:30 Practice) (more…)
- 8th Annual Poly Golf Classic sponsorships and golfer registrations now on sale (2/2/2015)
- Bears Show Their Talent In Inland Empire All Star Classic (1/26/2015)
The First Annual Inland Empire-Orange County All Star Classic took place last Saturday with several players and coaches from Poly showcasing their talents. With a final score of 69 to 16, the Inland Empire scored a decisive victory over Orange County. (more…)
- Cody Smith Memorial Fund Donations (1/8/2015)
Cody Smith’s family have asked the Green & Orange Booster Club to collect donations in his memory.
They have asked for the funds to be used for improvements to the football facilities at Poly High School.
If you would like to honor Cody’s memory by donating, please send a check or money order payable to Green & Orange, Inc. to the following address. Write “Cody Smith” in the “For” field. (more…)
- Bears Finish Best Year Since 1984 (12/10/2014)
In any game between two great teams the ultimate outcome is determined by the team who makes the fewest mistakes. Last Friday an exhausted Poly Bears championship football team faltered. They were narrowly defeated in the 14th and final game of the year by Redlands East Valley who walked away with the CIF Southern Section divisional championship.
The Poly Bears enjoyed a perfect season, 10-0 for the first time in 29 years. Virtually nobody under the age of 40 could possibly remember a better year for Poly football. Although the final score of 36-33 favored Redlands East Valley, it was a tight game and a narrow defeat for the Bears who failed to capitalize on a number of occasions during the second half of the game. Both teams had a 13-1 record for the year. (more…)
- POLY BEATS HERITAGE 28-20 IN SEMI-FINALS! (11/30/2014)
13-0 Poly Bears Enjoy Best Season Since 1984!
The Poly Bears successfully fended off Heritage last Friday night and ended the Patriots’ 22-game winning streak in a game that proved to be the most exciting of the year. The stage was set before a packed house of enthusiastic Poly fans and Heritage fans as well at King Stadium for the semi-final CIF playoff between two fantastic teams. (more…)
- UNDEFEATED POLY BEATS SAN GORGONIO 38-33 IN PLAYOFF GAME 2 (11/23/2014)
On Friday, November 21 the undefeated Poly Bears faced their second CIF playoff game of the year in San Bernardino against 10-1 San Gorgonio Spartans. Once again the Poly fans packed the visitor’s side of the venue in San Bernardino and cheered the Bears on to victory with an incredible amount of noise.
The first quarter started off with a bang and ended with a deceptively comfortable 21-0 Poly lead. 2 minutes into the game Chandler Drachslin completed a 6 yard pass to Ykili Ross for a touchdown. Kyle Avery kicked the PAT. (more…)
- UNDEFEATED POLY BEATS TAHQUITZ 42-17 IN PLAYOFFS! (11/16/2014)
Friday night the Poly Bears roared into Week 1 of the CIF Playoff’s by defeating Tahquitz High School 42-17 at King Stadium! The Bears continue their UNDEFEATED winning streak with 11 straight victories in a row. (more…)
- UNDEFEATED – POLY BEATS NORTH 49-17 (11/9/2014)
Friday night the Poly Bears clinched the exclusive right to call themselves LEAGUE CHAMPIONS by defeating North 49-17 in the final game of the season!
Here’s a glance at Poly’s undefeated season: (more…)
- WEEK 9 VICTORY – POLY REMAINS UNDEFEATED (11/3/2014)
POLY BEARS 42
CANYON SPRINGS COUGARS 16
The Poly Bears continue to march on undefeated. The skies cleared for the Saturday night game at King Stadium against Canyon Springs. Quarterback Chandler Drachslin was forced to sit out the game as a result of an injury sustained the previous week in the victory over Rancho Verde. Alex Lewis stepped up to the plate and got the job done. (more…)
- HOMECOMING 2014 – Downpour Doesn’t Dampen Poly Spirit! (11/3/2014)
The 2014 Poly Homecoming Parade followed the annual Pancake Breakfast on campus. It seemed like drought-stricken southern California was determined to dampen the parade as the dark skies opened up and released a deluge just as the parade began. (more…)
- Homecoming 2014 – We Salute the CIF Champions, Class of 1984 (10/28/2014)
None of today’s Poly Bears were even close to being born the last time Poly took the CIF League Championship in 1984. This year marks the 30th anniversary of Poly’s Big 5 League Championship dominance. Undoubtedly the players in 1984 were as pumped up then as our varsity players are today after defeating Rancho Verde last Friday night in what many have described as the “most exciting high school football game I’ve ever seen!“
1983-1984 Poly Varsity Team
- BEARS 59 DEFEAT RANCHO 45 in Huge Win! (10/26/2014)
The Poly Bears thrilled fans with a nail-biting edge-of-your-seat victory over the Rancho Verde Mustangs on Friday night in an away game. 3 minutes into the game Chandler Drachslin threw a touchdown pass to Ykili Ross for 75 yards followed by the extra point for an early 7-0 lead.
Poly enjoyed this short-lived lead for less than a minute after kicking off to Rancho only to have the kick returned 94 yards for an easy Td resulting in a 7-7 tie very early in the first quarter. (more…)
- FOX SPORTS TO FILM POLY VS. RANCHO VERDE – FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24 AT 7:30 PM (10/20/2014)
- Poly Bears Sweep Valley View Eagles 57-7 (10/20/2014)
In an away game at Valley View in Moreno Valley last Friday night, Poly dominated the field and won a decisive 57-7 game over the Valley View Eagles.
Poly’s record for 2014 is an impressive 7-0.
The Eagles managed to score a touchdown early in the first quarter of the game, but the Bears defense rendered them impotent for the remainder of the game and that would be their only score. (more…)
- POLY BEARS MARCH ON (6-0) AFTER 35-14 VICTORY OVER ARLINGTON! (10/14/2014)
The Poly Bears continue to win.
Last Friday they played against the Arlington Lions at King Stadium and pulled off another decisive victory in their quest for the CIF playoffs.
The Bears have scored 33.2 average points per game and have held their opponents to an average of 18.7 points per game.
Our two volunteer photographers, Mark Benoit and Ashley Seebold, captured some of the excitement during the game. (more…)
- In Pursuit of Perfection (10/6/2014)
Poly Bears are now 5-0 after Friday’s victory over Corona with a score of 35-17.
The game got off to a good start when 4 minutes into the first quarter Chandler Drachslin completed a 35 yard touchdown pass to Ykili Ross. Corona responded with a successful field goal, but then kicked to the waiting arms of Devontre Hale who made a 99 yard return for another Bears touchdown. (more…)
- Poly Bears 4-0 After Defeating Rubidoux 49-27! (9/28/2014)
Poly played the Falcons at Rubidoux stadium in a game in which the Bears dominated from the first quarter which ended with the Bears leading 21 to 6.
The Falcons got onto the board early in the first quarter when they recovered a Poly fumble and scored a touchdown shortly thereafter but missed the extra point attempt. (more…)
- RIVALRY! (9/22/2014)
Poly Bears defeat King’s Wolves 23-20 with a last minute touchdown under Saturday Night Lights!
- Poly Scorches Ramona 33-20 in Blistering Heat! (9/16/2014)
A seering 104 degrees did not deter faithful Poly fans from showing up in big numbers to support their Bears.
The game, originally scheduled for Friday night, was moved to 4:30 PM Saturday afternoon. Ramona Stadium hosted a triple-header Inland Empire Football Classic 2014 on behalf of the Wounded Warrior Project. Earlier in the afternoon Norte Vista played against Palm Desert and won 31-10. After the Poly game King beat Paloma Valley 24-14. (more…)
- Poly Avenges CIF Loss – Beats Colony 24-14 on Opening Night! (9/8/2014)
Under the Friday night lights before a packed home crowd, the Poly Bears charged with a vengeance and defeated 2013 CIF rival Colony 24 to 14 at King Stadium in the opening game of the 2014 season.
- Poly Bears Kick Off the 2014 Season at Bear Roundup! (8/27/2014)
On Saturday, August 23, a crowd of over 300 spectators participated in the time-honored tradition of Bear Roundup at the new football field at Poly High. This event officially kicks off the football season and provides an opportunity for parents, family and friends to get a preview of what each of the teams looks like. (more…)
- Poly Sunglasses Now Available for Online Purchase! (8/12/2014)
Get a hot new deal on cool shades now in stock from Green & Orange!
- 2014 POLY FOOTBALL CAR WASH (7/21/2014)
Green & Orange, the official booster organization for Poly Football, sponsored this year’s car wash on Saturday, July 12.
From 7 am until 12 pm the volunteers, football players and several coaches worked feverishly to accommodate several hundred donors who came to get their cars washed. Hot dogs and beverages were provided for all the volunteers and were available for purchase to the public. (more…)
- GUESS WHO’S BEEN TO POLY DURING SPRING TRAINING! (6/2/2014)
Coach Dennis Brown has been very busy this year during spring training.
In addition to coaching the team, he has been entertaining guests from all over the country! (more…)
- Welcome 2014 Poly Bears Football Families (5/25/2014)
Welcome Riverside Poly Bears Football students and families!
The 2014 season will be upon us soon, and we invite you to visit polybearsfootball.com often. We post all football news, updates, practice schedules, event itineraries, and game schedules here. Posts will display in reverse chronological order with the most recent posts prominently displayed on the home page.
Importantly, sign up for our news updates if you haven’t already done so. That way, each time this site is updated you will receive an email notification. (more…)
- 7th Annual Poly Football Golf Classic (5/20/2014)
On May 5th, 2014 the Green & Orange hosted the 7th Annual Poly Football Golf Classic at the renowned Victoria Club in Riverside.
- 2013 Poly Football DVD Available Now! (1/15/2014)
The 2013 Poly Football season is over, but don’t let it be forgotten!
The 52 minute DVD season highlights commemorates the players and coaches of 2013. (more…)
- Poly Bears Nudged From Semifinals (11/24/2013)
In an upset game on Friday, November 22, the hard-charging Poly Bears were narrowly defeated by Ontario Colony in an exhilarating game, 45 to 35. This was the second CIF playoff game. In the first, the Bears easily defeated Fontana’s Summit High 57 to 26. (more…)
- Bears Win First CIF Playoff Game 57-26 (11/17/2013)
The Poly Bears are back with a vengeance. In the first game of the CIF playoffs, Poly breezed by Fontana’s Summit in a commanding 57-26 victory before a packed home crowd of enthusiastic Bears fans. (more…)
- Bears March On to Playoffs! (11/5/2013)
The Bears are Back!
Poly plays Summit (Fontana) at Ramona Stadium on Friday, November 15 at 7 pm in the first CIF playoff game!
44-21 win over North caps a winning 5-1 season record for the Bears.
The Bears were 3-1 preseason and finished the season games 5-1 for an overall 8-2 record. (more…)
- Who Is This Guy? (10/27/2013)
Who is this crazy, wild-eyed, indefatigable, stalwart, cheer-leading Poly Bears fan? He just started showing up at the Poly home games this season. Where did he come from? At every game he seems to go nuts. He stomps his feet. He screams. He yells. He dyes his massive curly head of hair in Poly colors of green and orange. He races up and down the bleachers. He does cartwheels. He does the splits. He runs onto the track behind the sideline and frantically waves the Poly banner and flies up and down with it in front of the fans. Occasionally he commandeers one of the cheerleader’s pedestals and joins with them in cheering on the fans. He demands “More Cowbells!” to cure an imaginary ailment. He is at once wild and in full control of the crowd. (more…)
- HOMECOMING 2013 (10/24/2013)
Vista Del Lago 0
On Saturday, October 19, 2013, Poly celebrated Homecoming with a 31-0 victory over Vista del Lago. (more…)
- Poly Beats Arlington 13-6 (10/14/2013)
Photos of the Poly vs. Arlington Game can be accessed by clicking “read more” and then clicking on the link. Poly is 5-2 for the year 2013. (more…)
- Poly Bears Football Gives Back to the Community (9/29/2013)
With only one day’s notice members the Poly Bears football team donate their time to support their community.
- 1986 Poly Alumnus Gives from the Heart (9/26/2013)
A Four Year Bear, Poly Alumnus Bruce Campbell has never forgotten his roots. Nor has he lost his affection for Poly High Football.
In June, 2013, Head Coach Dennis Brown established contact with Bruce after receiving a suggestion to do so from Brown’s good friend Patrick O’Reilly. Bruce told Coach Brown via email, “Poly football meant so much to me and my teammates back in the ‘80s … It was literally one of the biggest influences on my life.” (more…)
- Upcoming Events! (8/18/2013)
Please feel free to utilize the calendar on this web site and explore its functions. You can click on the “categories” button and filter the calendar to show only Freshman, or only JV, or both, but not Varsity, for example. Click on the “month” button and switch to “agenda” to see a list of dates, locations and times of your favorite Poly football team. (more…)